Saturday, April 20, 2013

Panchatantra Punches Part 1

During my childhood days, I used to read a lot of Panchatantra stories, Jataka tales, Akbar Birbal tales, Aesop fables etc. Most of them I used to read from my school library itself. While reading those stories, I would quote down the catchy quotes or rather I feel them as punch dialogues or punches in short. Thought of moving those scribbled notes into my blog as many parts. The best part of these punches is it makes you keep thinking and it would imply the actions, happenings and messages to your various stages of life. Though most of them may be contradictory or for and against the normal human thoughts, we always have the right to debate on such topics. So here it goes:

1.Unborn or dead sons will cause a little grief for sometime, no doubt, but foolish sons will cause one much sadness throughout.

2.Of what use is a cow, which neither gives a calf nor yields milk. Similarly why beget a son who is an idiot and disobedient.

3.Re-employ the money you have earned like releasing the surplus water from a reservoir.

4.Wise serve the kings by hurting his foes and helping his friends. Life is indeed life when many lives depend on it.

5. Vice and Virtue are like an effort to carry stones uphill, but they are tumbling down in a jiffy.Honor or disgrace of a man  will decide his inner worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment